Saturday morning, no sign of baby so we all head to the gym(6th day in a row!!). Mark even went with us & didn't ride. We came home and after naps decided to head over to run a few errands, Mark needed a haircut and the kiddos & I hit up TJ Maxx where Megan picked out a few baby items...um all girl stuff! Then it was off to Pei Wei for dinner.
Sunday morning(3 days before my due date of Sept 21st) I woke up at my usual 3a.m. tossed and turned and tried to plan the day. Well, I must have dosed off b/c @ 5:41 a.m. on my clock(10 min fast!!) so really 5:31, I felt a sharp pain. Well that continued but I kind of blew it off. We all kind of rallied around 7. Of course Mark's first comment everyday is "how are you feeling, any sign of baby?" Well, I did mention a few sharp pains and not feeling right. Well, he starts gathering stuff and moving a bit faster. I am asking him what all the commotion is about and he says " I am not messing around with you this time around and your pains!!" Well around 7:30 I made a wake up call to Smallwood(yes he gave me the pager # again), who suggested we wait another hour to make sure it was not false labor. In the meantime I called Mama C -woke her up and she was on her way over. Things did progress and I got ready, cleaned up, but never sat down. Around 9, Mark called Dr. Smallwood and said, "I think we have a pattern and the pain is not going away." He said he would meet us at Baptist. Again, I didn't rush, but kept walking around. The kids were really good and we loaded the car and my mom had the kids outside, so they really didn't care we were leaving. Mark did mention that our baby would probably be here later, so Megan was thrilled. We took the trash and headed to Baptist. As soon as we got to the ck in counter, the girl was ready with "you are the quick delivery girl", so she had been warned and I was checked in quickly. I thought, Sunday morning low key, wrong. There were about 10 of us ready to deliver. I was in the triage room for a record 90 seconds, the nurse was in, put my name in the computer & I was at 8cm, she also said, " you are the quick delivery girl". I walked to my delivery room & had nurses all ready. I guess third time around everyone had learned their lesson and Smallwood had warned the staff that the crazy fast delivery girl was on her way and not to mess around!!! Smallwood called Mark to make sure I had gotten my epidural-no need for drs permission this time around he ok'ed it from the call in. Smallwood got there and i was progressing, he broke my water and then everyone left the room. Mark and I were like, "what do we do?" Not mass chaos & just hang out. Mark watched Cinderella man...he was NOT interested in watching the Titans. Dr. Smallwood came back one more time and said let's check come back in about 30 min and have this baby. The darn clock in our room was broken, so you know "dr's and nurses" time seems to be a little longer and let's face it, I was fine and actually comfortable and enjoying labor, although I was a little bored just laying there reading magazines and being stuck in bed!! So everyone came back & got ready. All I remember is the delivery nurse asking me if all my babies had a bunch of dark hair?..nope and really I fully expected a red head!!! About 4-5 pushes later and really not a bad experience we welcomed a big BOY.. at 12:57p.m. 9lbs 5.6 oz and 19 inches long. When they put him in my arms, we thought he looked small, the nurse was like I bet he is at least 9lbs he is a big boy. A big boy indeed. So another boy!! I would have to say it was nice to actually enjoy the labor room for more than an hour and not have the mass chaos. It was still quick and rather easy, but I recommend this way a lot more than the first 2 in less than an hour three hours is a better way. (It could have been faster, but when you have a smile on your face and the nurses give you multiple compliments that you make their job easy with your deliveries, you kind of get left alone and of course we chatted a bunch!!
We hung out in the L & D room for a bit. Gigi and Grandad were there soon after. Once we got to our room, Jeremy, Tracy, Ben & Lydia joined us. Mama C brought Wyatt and Megan down after naps. Megan didn't miss a beat when my mom told her she had a baby brother.
9 months pregnant...ready to go to the hospital

Welcome Charlie Oscar
Another BIG boy
Dr. Smallwood delivered AGAIN!! He had to wait just a bit this time, but so thankful he was kind enough to give me the pager # again, so he was able to deliver our second boy!!

Sweet boy...Welcome to this crazy world

The gang got here right after Charlie's first bath.
The crew. Wyatt's eyes were wide eyed when he came in the room for the first time & Megan just skipped right over and gave me a big hug and wanted to hold the baby. Don't worry Wyatt then ran around and jumped on the bed as they ate nuggets and fries.

The boys
Megan was in heaven. She was such a good big sister and just wanted to sit and hold her new brother. She NEVER mentioned not getting her Cinderella, but was so happy to have a baby.
Horne babies. Wyatt was learning to be gentle and trying to point out all of his new brothers body parts
Mom and Charlie
Tues Sept 20th...time to head home.
All bundled up and ready to see the world. We were sooo ready to leave. I thought with #3 I would dread leaving the hospital but I tell you what I was so ready to get outside and breath fresh air. In fact Monday night Mark went home and slept and took the kids to school before coming back and picking up Charlie and I. I did enjoy my stay but was over it. I had great nurses and Charlies night nurse was actually a worker at the GHIlls Y nursery who recognized me and remembered when Megan and I were regulars!! Glad to know she was in good hands!
No comments:
Post a Comment