Scene of the crime......
The Birthday girl after school...so happy and excited about her birthday bag from her teachers.
The birthday girl in her crown & band-aid
Thursday morning Sept 15th was like any normal day(if normal is a word in our house). We had about 20 min before we needed to leave for school. I was on the ground in the family room just finishing up changing Wy's diaper and getting him dressed. Megan was in the kitchen and I had asked her to take off her pj's because she was next in line. That is where she went to grab her cute little dress and sweater off the hanging rack I had been using. Let's talk about this hanging rack.
I have been trying to be more organized in our morning routine, by having everything laid out, clothes, bags, shoes...etc. I had been putting it on the table, but now that Wyatt can climb up there, he would DESTROY all the piles, so I needed a new spot. Space is limited(especially when you have to install a new pot rack and all the pots and pans are taking up key space!!) & where can I put stuff out of the way, so why not hang them from the wall wine rack. There is where the problem started.
Back to the clothes. Meg goes for the dress part pulls it towards her, I can see the hangar and the bottle coming down, nails her head. She screams, I scream and then she turns around and blood is EVERYWHERE. Of course it doesn't help we are both hysterical. I grab her we get a towel on the head and then get her to the family room to lie down and calm down. OMG did I feel Awful. Wy was a trooper for about 10 min before he decided to bring every HARD toy to the rescue. He was ready to go and didn't understand all the chaos. I got her cleaned up and debated the depth and severity of the wound of whether to get stitches. She wanted to go to school, the bleeding had stopped and there was no swelling. So we marched onward to school. After getting to school 45 min late and meeting her class on the way to music, her teacher says "we can just wait till Monday to celebrate Megan's birthday if you are still here!!" Those words almost sent me into labor. Her morning had been erupted and now no birthday celebration. I think I almost cried in front of 16 4 year olds. Then she said, unless you can stick around for 20 min we have a little time for you to read before we go outside. I had 20 min or more. I stuck around got to enjoy a little 4yr old music class...very entertaining and calming after my morning and Megan got to sit in the birthday chair while I read Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Boutique. The wound seemed fine, she was happy and did NOT want to leave or come home with me. She also wanted to stay all day. So I left and got Wyatt, who was with Uncle Ben in his staff meeting eating veggie straws and drinking milk. The day went on and no call and I was feeling a little better and couldn't wait for her to get home. She rode home with Davis and was in such a great mood and bouncing around when she got home, I was so relieved. In fact Claire didn't even notice the big ole band-aid or hear anything about it on the way home. We got dressed for ballet and I was just getting our bags ready when I hear, "Mom, I have blood dripping all over my face." Yes, she did and all over her tights. She had been leaning over(head rush) and what I learned probably busted the clot and started bleeding again. Thank goodness. So I cleaned her up and at this point she did not want to go to ballet. I looked at the wound again and decided maybe I ought to get the dr to look at it. Oh and did I mention we are in the process of switching pediatricians and had all of Megan and Wyatt's paperwork completed but not at the office? The new plan was to drop it off on the way to ballet, until the bleeding started again. So a pitiful/embarrassing call to the new office and they wanted me there in 30 min. The 3 of us rallied got to the office. I can't say it was one of my finer moments of introduction, but we definitely made quite the first impression. Baby due anyday, wild almost 2 year old in a dr's office and a birthday girl with a sliced head from a wine bottle-picture perfect family!! Megan was such a GREAT, BRAVE patient. She got 3 stitches and later said, "i like that new place." Met too!! Mark was stuck at work with a wild afternoon, so at about 6p.m. we were outta the dr's office and headed to Mexican-Meg's choice. Apparently it didn't upset her too much b/c she is quite the fan of the fact she gets to wear a band-aid for the next week or so and has a stash of Ariel band-aids. I would have come home and drank a glass of wine, but looking at it just about made me sick. So lesson learned, don't hang the clothes from the wine bottles and if this day didn't send me into labor what will???? Hoping Megan's "real" 4th birth-day is less eventful.
No comments:
Post a Comment