Monday, January 18, 2010

All I want for Christmas

This post is WAY out of order, but I had to write this down so one day when I have time & get organized to make a blog book, we could remember this. This year for Christmas Megan requested two things from Santa; Dora and a Christmas tree. The crazy thing is she stuck with these two things for a good 6 weeks. She never added anything and always said the same things. She was thrilled to get a little Dora in a bus bag with her friends, Diego, Boots & Swiper and she also got a "big" Dora as she calls it(small barbie doll size) and her horse as well. I am glad Santa learned that Big Lots carried Dora stuff, because she is not cheap!! She is content as can be with her Dora stuff now. I really don't even know how she learned much about it, because she doesn't watch the show. Her friend Kate at school is a big fan, so I guess she learned it there. As far as the Christmas Tree, well we finally caved in and went to Target after we got back in town and picked out a nice fake tree...75% off that is!! She took a nap in her big girl bed for the first time the Sunday after New Years so after that we headed out to celebrate and get her one last Christmas wish. (the big girl bed is a WHOLE other post and issue!!!!) She was thrilled with the whole process of picking out her new tree. The sad part is that it is still in the box in the attic until next year!! I guess next year, we will HAVE to decorate. Anyways, I can't wait until next year to see if she sticks to two gifts from Santa.

Christmas morning...a little overwhelmed with all the gifts. She didn't get that there were gifts for everyone and we had to identify who each gift went to.
Playing with part of her doll house set.
Her big gift for Christmas from Santa, Mama C & Coach...her first doll house.

No comments: