Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School Bells...Meet the teachers in the Ocean Room

Today we went to meet Megan's school teachers in the Ocean Room, Ms. Janie & Ms. Chelsea. We are so excited to start on Thursday. Megan was a little shy and hesitant, but I think a lot had to do with it being a room she has never been in. Plus we passed by her old Lamb room and Sunday school room, so I think she was a little confused. I have no fear she will warm up and be a happy camper on Thursday. After we visited school we went over to Mark's office. She let Mark scale calculus off her teeth!!! It has been totally bothering Mark, but he didn't think she would even let him close to her mouth. No pictures b/c we were all SHOCKED she sat there and let him scale away. She sat right up in my lap in his chair and he went to town. She did great and I think had we turned the TV to Max and Ruby or Pooh Bear he could have polished those pearly whites as well. She did start patting his cheeks since he was all up in her face but who wouldn't? I guess she does have the teeth obsession in her blood! After that she deserved her new favorite thing "trip fries" or french fries from Chick-fil-a. After filling our stomach she insisted on sleeping with her new frog nap mat for school. The thing is huge, but she wanted two blankets and I wasn't going to argue. I can't wait to hear how all that goes. Last year they were caged in the cribs for nap, not this year!! It is nap mats. This is going to be great training for the big girl bed!!! Then she got a package while she was napping. Good thing! Her new tennis shoes had arrived. I can't believe I am even telling you all this, but we went to get fitted for new shoes last week, since school was about to start and sandal season will soon be over and well I guess it should be time. Ummm yeah her foot had grown a size and a half size 7 1/2. She has been asking for her shoes or sandals off which is not like her. I also thought b/c we were telling her she needed to wear them more inside she was requesting them off just to be challenging. All WRONG her poor feet were being shoved in small shoes & her toes are at the tip of her sandals!! Now she won't take off her new shoes! Problem solved and lesson learned five months is a little long to wait on shoe fittings.

Before we left for school. She had to get in her house and this is the BEST picture I could get.
Can you tell she is over pictures?
This is her look these days. Her eyes rolled up & she gives you that stare. Which we refer to as her "bratty look".
My new nap mat and new tennis shoes that fit.

No comments: