Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dadda the bobblehead

As many of you know we are in the process of redoing all of the floors in our house and removing carpet. Oh my goodness let's just say carpet is NASTY, I really thought we were rather clean people, but after getting rid of just some of the carpet, I am grossed out. We lived on that and walked on it!!Anyways, the hardwood project is "in progress" the carpet bidding is STILL going. I have never seen Mark this much of a salemans nightmare. The quotes are all over the board and I really feel like I could be a carpet rep or installer after all the knowledge I have learned and researched. It is WORSE than trying to buy a car(and we all know the Horne's hang on to their cars!). Now the negotiating is kind of a game to us. Anyways, yesterday Mark wanted one more quote just to say we tried it. We have all seen the Empire carpet commercials " I paid for this much carpet and got this much." Anyways the guy came out last night & all I have to say is the company is a joke & their quote was even more ridiculous. We did end up with the Empire guy bobblehead. I took it out of the box & left it with Megan's toys. She didn't really pay much attention to it until tonight when she gave it to me and said " Dadda with glasses". Then of course the cheap thing broke and she kept saying " dadda's broken head." So now we have a bobblehead of Mark with glasses.

Getting tickled over the bobblehead that looks like her dadda
Dadda's broken head. Yes, she is still in her new shoes. I guess when the shoe fits you don't request your shoes to come off all the time! We don't go barefoot around the house this week since most of it is concrete.

No comments: