Sorry no pictures...I have been bad, I have not been the crazy picture taker lately.
Monday, August 3, 2009
We are alive...a random update
Total random post, but it has been a while so here is a little update in the Horne world. We survived a week of VBS or I should say I survived 12 four year olds and one special needs child. I think it was a test for what is about to come. I think two kids will be manageable! Speaking of that, I went to the Dr. last week and I am officially in the last trimester, where has time gone? Well, I can tell or my feet are feeling it these past few weeks. Pounds are coming on & I am assuming the swelling is right behind! Seriously how do the contestants on the Biggest Loser get to be that overweight and lazy? It can't be comfortable or fun. Anyways I still have definition in my ankles, but we do have a few more weeks to go. School is about to begin for many, but Megan does not go back until Sept 1st. We have had a great summer and done a lot. We have a different agenda each day, but it has been a lot of fun and glad we have a few more weeks to enjoy, even though I know she will be happy to be back with her friends and new teachers. She did get a little taste last week at VBS which was nice, she didn't miss a beat. I was so glad since she has been away for a few months! Mark continues to enjoy his bike and Megan still thinks when he goes to work he bikes all day! In her defense she helps Mark each morning load his bike on the car when he leaves for work. He is now on a team and races and is doing really well. Oh yeah and we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on the final day of the Tour de France. Lance Jr. came in first place in a big race and then made a fantastic eggplant parmesan(the reason I will never starve) only problem was we left the pan with the leftovers to cool & it was still there the next morning. The smell was around for a while, so the tasty meal was one I don't want to smell for a long time! Can't believe it has been 6 years-WOW! Baby Alley continues to be great therapy for Megan. She loves her and it is so good for Megan to be around her and have us hold her as well. Only problem is Alley doesn't come home with us and live under the same roof! Speaking of baby. I guess it is time to get serious about baby #2. My Dr. told me football season was right around the corner and we had only a few more appointments left. Then when I got home and started organizing our calendar(yes I still love my paper organizer and still color coordinate it) I realized we were close. Well, that is all I needed and it clicked. I guess this time around I am more aware that having a newborn is not sitting around or bee boppin around town! It is time to get organized! Time to move things around. Not only do we need to make room for all the newborn stuff, but we need to organize it around all the plastic we have accumulated from a little almost two year old!! As Mark said recently, "this is no longer our house." Hope everyone is enjoying the last few days or weeks of summer. The busy fall is just around the corner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I cannot believe you are that far along! I need to give you back the rest of your baby stuff!!!
I had just about forgotten you guys are expecting too! You haven't done too many pregnancy updates on the blog this time either. I was telling Joe how different it was this time, poor Brighton did not even have a baby book :( Megan is so cute and changing so much I'm sure she is going to do great and be a BIG helper like Sailor is! Good luck and hang in there these last few weeks!
Post a Comment