Monday, July 27, 2009
Fire Alarm at Vacation Bible School
This week I am volunteering at church for Vacation Bible School. That means Megan gets to play with her "church friends" in the nursery since she is too young to attend VBS. She was not too thrilled this morning when the car did not turn to see he Y friends, but went to see her church & school friends. Once she was there she was fine, it was good to be back in her school room. For me today was a lot of fun, but a lot of work as well. I am with the 4 year olds. Oh my goodness, my friend and I were amazed on how much they can do on their own...note to self they are potty trained & do not need help in the bathroom, just offer bathroom opportunities. We are so use to the diaper routine. Next is their stories and imagination, so cute. O.K. back to my point. Well mid morning we were in the middle of one of our activities when the fire alarm went off. After a brief moment we all decided it was for real & we needed to exit the building. Let's just say it was organized mass chaos at its finest with 100 +VBS kids and then volunteers and of course all of the church staff and other classes coming out of the building. While we were outside my girlfriend said, I hope they got all the little kiddos out of the building....like our little babies. (we couldn't tell at that moment b/c they would have exited the other side). Panic for a brief second, leave the kiddos and check on our kids or know they are in good hands and they are safe. We chose to stay put. Anyways all was o.k. and we all headed back in the building. When I went to pick up Megan her teachers told me she had a great day and was quite the entertainer. Oh I can only imagine! THANK goodness school doggie was in the room, b/c he got to go outside on a walk with her group. Then they told me that during the fire alarm, they got all the kids and said "Let's go" well ole Megan decided to go and grab all the farm plastic animals....as many as she could shoving as many as she could under her chin and in her arms. The teacher turned around when she didn't see Megan in the line again and said "Let's go girl". Nice, my child goes for the animals during an emergency! I wish I had a picture, but I am sure it is the same imagine every time we get ready to leave the house and I tell her "Let's go" and she has to run and grab at least 2 animals for the car ride. Animals or "amals" the girl is just fascinated with them and obviously cares enough to make sure they are safe during an emergency. This afternoon at the pool my friend decided she may be on the road to becoming a veterinarian!! I tend to agree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment