Sunday, February 15, 2009

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I ended up with Pink eye how about you?

Megan and I had a great weekend enjoying everything outdoors. Thursday Mark came down with a stomach bug that has wiped him out all weekend. Megan and I were outdoors and away from the house as much as possible, trying to avoid those nasty germs. Luke and Taryn were in town for the weekend, so they joined us at the parks as well. The cousins had so much fun with bubbles and slides and just being kids outdoors. Megan loves to do anything with cousin Uck (Luke). They were all worn out by the end of the day. Gotta love some fresh air. Then today after church we were outside and Mark noticed Megan's eye was irritated. Our first thought was something outside had irritated it, well within a few hours it was more than irritated and pinkish, so a call to the Dr and a trip to Walgreen's and we finished out our romantic weekend with eye drops for Megan's pink eye.  Thank goodness no school tomorrow, since it is a holiday.(btw we did make it to a full week of school last week!) It really was a great weekend, Megan is talking so much more and notices so much, birds, horses and  dogs. She is also saying side(outside), swing(sing), swides(slides) and of course bubbles. My favorite comment at one of the numerous parks this weekend, was a dad who had his son with him at the park. His son wanted to go down the slide and he said" I don't think you are quite old enough to do that on your own." he then looks at me as Megan is all over, climbing sliding and says" How old is your little girl" I said "seventeen months". He was then silent. Of course I follow up with, "how old is he?" and the dad said " well, Jake is sixteen months." He was shocked they were so close in age and how different they played.  I guess a whole month makes you more adventurous and wild in some minds. So mature-you go girl!!!!  To make the dad feel better, he was carrying a football and I told him, Megan may have no fear on the playground, but don't get that ball within a foot of her or else she will freak out. Good times, now I am exhausted. It is hard being a single parent and a nurse. 

She loved the tunnel slide. Once she conquered sitting and sliding she went head first. No FEAR!
Having a great time. All smiles for Megan when she is outside on the playground.
Racing Luke down the slide
We all needed a bath after a long day outside! Too bad you can't see exactly how dirty the water is.
My Valentines goodies. Of course HATED the shoes, but we will try to get them on her.
What a multi-tasker, driving, talking on the phone and taking care of kitty. 
Capping off my weekend of fun with a little pink eye. poor thing her eye is droopy and nasty.

1 comment:

Owings Family said...

WOW! Poor Meggie's eye looks so sad! Miss you guys!