Friday, January 9, 2009

The Hot Pink Christmas Tree

I finally have the house put back together after all the holiday celebrations, travel and sickness. I had to post some pictures of the hot pink Christmas tree. We all know, Mark and I have not put a tree up since the first year we got married....that would be 5 years ago. Last year Mark reminded me that this would be the year we would put up a tree. Well, once it came time to make a decision on a tree, Mark said"We really don't need to waste the money on a tree this year if you don't want to." I was all about the no tree philosophy this year, so another year of no tree. I know the scrooge in us will have to change at some point, but we are thinking we have at least another year or two before Megan will really know that she is one of the few without a Christmas tree. Until then, here is what we will use instead. Don't hate or be jealous of the hot pink tree. I got this for Megan last year for her room, but it fits nicely in the family room on top of a T.V. tray table, with ALL of our ornaments. It is quite the eye catcher when you come into he house. I love it when people walk in the room, " I like the hot pink tree." What I really know is going through their mind is never would have thought of that tree in your family room, it is tacky and yes a little redneck!!!!! It was a little top heavy, but it survived the holidays and it lit up Megan's toy corner.  She actually did very well and didn't really mess with the tree or ornaments. All she wanted was the yights(lights) on. The hot pink tree is all packed up until next year!!!! 

Megan reading books below her Christmas tree.
The hot pink tree in the family room. Ohh it fits so perfect.

No comments: