
Ready for my orientation for school.

Yeah, that was fun, but get me out of my seat. I am ready for my first day.
Monogrammed outfits, SUV's galore and children everywhere is how we started our morning. Today Megan and I attended her 30 minute orientation for her school this year. Megan loved it. She was actually quite entertained by the other kids and took it all in. Me on the other hand have a lot to learn. First off, I think I need to invest in a label machine. EVERYTHING has to have her name on it. Then all the rules with food and then you don't just pack a lunch it all has to go in a little tupperware tray to make it easier for both the teachers and parents to see how much the children have eaten-plus feeding a bunch of kids at the same time, I am sure is chaos. Lord knows, we shouldn't have a problem there! Then I about died when I learned the kids will sit at tables to eat in their little chairs. Clean-up should be interesting since Megan is only used to a highchair and is contained. Miss Lauren and Miss Alice her teachers are in for a treat this year. Their observation today is that the girls for the most part are kickback and calm and the boys are a little bit more wild. We will see if that changes. The kids in her class are all June, July, August and September birthdays-we make the cut-off by 12 days. I think it will be good for Megan to be around older kids. It is a good mix of boys and girls each day she goes and eight kids per day. She will go Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-2p.m. That is the other thing, she is still a 2 nap a day girl and doesn't do a sippy cup(trust me I have more sippy cups around this house, she is so not into them and would rather not have milk than have a sippy cup). That battle is crazy. No-need to worry, I think it may soon all change on it's own. Heck, she learned to hold her bottle on her own at the Y, since the ladies propped her in a bouncy chair and handed her the bottle(not knowing that at home she won't hold it for me). From then on she has taken it away from anyone and holds her own bottle. She will go one day a week for the month of September on Mondays and then in October we start two days. It is the way they run the program. So Monday it is only 9-12p.m. but I am sure she will have a lot of fun with all her new classmates. I can only imagine her report on Monday. Today they thought she was so sweet. So we passed the orientation and looking forward to our first day. Oh yeah and my lateness will not be acceptable. Drop off is 8:55-NO Earlier and kiddos need to be picked up by 1:55 after 2:00 is LATE. Guess I will learn to be on time. All of us will be learning new things!!
2 comments:
I can't wait to hear about it. Oddly enough, it is true that they behave better and will do more for people other than their parents! Good luck Meggy!! (and mom)
Awww! What are you going to do on your first day? Target? Pedi? Y? Starbucks? Movie?
Post a Comment