Thursday, April 24, 2008

Watch out Kenyans!!

Saturday is the big Country Music 1/2 Marathon for the Kane/Horne team. Runners this year are Ben, Lydia, Jeremy, Mark & I. My parents are unable to run this year, b/c  my dad committed to be a speaker at a big Rotary convention in Boulder. Coach we will miss you & let ESPN know you will be back next year. 

Here is a funny story. Mark registered us and we are in corrals 9 &10(for those not familiar with the race there are about 35 corrals & about 30,000 runners). Anyways Mr. Competitive estimated at two hour finish time for both of us. The good thing is that we shouldn't have to deal with a lot of walkers! This should be interesting after a maternity sabatical I was on last year and the fact that I have NEVER finished in under 2hrs. GOALS!!  Jeremy is in corral 13 & Ben & Lydia are in 20. Anyways we are all looking forward to the race & hoping for good weather.  Watch out Kenyans I will be right behind you. 

We have our carb loading party tomorrow early evening & then we will meet everyone at the Holiday Inn at 6:30a.m. for one last potty break in a clean bathroom & a sink to wash your hands in-thanks Yogi. Megan can't run in this race-No Strollers, so she is a cheerleader for this one with Aunt Becca & crew. She will be in the BOB people watching & there will be A LOT of it!!

2 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

I can't wait to hear about it. I have already tried to call you to see how it was!

Owings Family said...

No wonder you didn't answer your phone at lunch today! :) I know you did great! Call me back after you decompress and recover!