Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Waking up to Megan!





Mark & I have never really been great morning people until Megan arrived. Now we have no choice.  Don't get me wrong the girl loves her bed and is a great sleeper. She took about 4 months to develop a regular nap schedule, but sister is a sleeper now. You hear her voice in the monitor in the morning as she starts to talk to Wubba & tell her about her nights sleep, then it develops into a deeper conversation with a lot of d's & b's sounding words. After a while we laugh(great parenting skills) & determine she is NOT going back to sleep-many times she puts herself back to sleep for a while longer, then it is time to get her up. Getting out of bed is the kicker, but once you open her door & see that smile through the bed rails the day begins. She is ALWAYS in a great mood when you get her up & is so happy to see you. It really does start your day off right even if the room reeks of her night poop!! Here are some pictures Mark took the other day when he went upstairs to get her up. 

2 comments:

Owings Family said...

Too sweet! It's hard for me to believe that day will ever come! :) Megan is such a ham!

Amy Griffin said...

I love it! But I am in agreement that the sweet face MOST of the times is more overwhelming than the poop smell. I remember both well.