Sunday, April 13, 2008

Purity Moosic City 10K Race

Team Horne hit the race tracks again this Saturday. This is one of our favorite races for several reasons; it is a great flat course, they added a 10K last year & I love the long sleeve t-shirt. I am sad to report-which may affect my entry next year that they changed the shirt to a dry fit short sleeve. Mark says they are still obnoxious shirts with a big cow on the front, but he likes the change to dry fit. I am not so excited. Amy Griffin & I were a little disappointed with the change-letters will be written.  We got to the race a little early to run an extra 4 miles(4.3 to be exact). I needed to mentally know I could run 10 miles before I would commit to the Country Music City 1/2 Marathon. I did it so I will run. I have never run extra at a race, but when you have limited time you just RUN!! It was a great run & good to see everyone. I am so proud of Amy for coming out with us. We have been on a pregnancy overlap for the past year.  She is pregnant & due with their 3rd child in September. She is a trooper & has kept running, which is so hard when your heart rate skyrockets so quickly. Soon, I can't wait to run with her !  I wish I had a picture but go Team Horne & 1 Griffin. Cheers to the chocolate milk & the rolls we ate after the race. Megan just drooled over every bite.  She loves the races. Crusin as Mark pushes her past the scenery & people watching. She props that foot up & away she goes in her warm red suit. 

After the race we had to rush home to get to our photo shoot. Megan had her 6 month(taken at 7 months) pictures. Our photographer was going on vacation this week and we had an outfit that we had to wear, so Miss. Kim did a shoot on a Saturday. She refers to the shoots as stages instead of being at a certain age. So for this shoot our goal was to be able to sit up-can do it very well, so it was time for a photo-plus our outfit may not fit in another week-that is important to everyone!! Kim does such a great job with Megan. We even got Mark to come with us as well. I can't wait to see them. I have been so pleased with Kim's photography, she really captures Megan's little personalities. Until our next shoot at around 10 months we will be working on standing!! 

After the photo shoot we ran some errands & then learned that one of our favorite Irish Pubs was now "21 & older"-WHAT!! Now, did it just change or are we now a part of "that" crowd & need to pay attention to those posted signs??  We toted Megan in & were looking for a good location to enjoy dinner & drinks when the waitress said " we are now 21 & older-so you all will have to come back later." Well it will be at least 21 years before we will be back to Dan McGuinness. We were shocked that the Cool Springs location had CHANGED to 21 & older. We then headed down to the Mexicali Grill & enjoyed a big margarita. We crave salt after a long run, so mexican was delicious.  

No comments: