Saturday we got home from the race & Mark decided we were going to replace Goldie. All I wanted to do was lay on the couch & relax. Wrong, we showered and off to car shop again we went, while Aunt Becca & Megan napped-how did that happen? Goldie does not do well with the weather getting warmer & Mark said she was going to overheat any day, she had been in the red zone a lot these days. After a long day, we purchased a 2008 Acadia-we join the GMC family. We really do love the car. I am still a little sad & still shocked that we really did get rid of Goldie. We did take some pictures & got teared up as we left the car lot. I hope her parts live on.....I was so happy we got $1200 for her & that she was returned to a home with other Pontiacs. It was funny b/c they asked us to rate her trade in on a scale of 1-10 & I was like she is a 10, Mark gave her a 5 since she did have a minor dent. Ahhh Goldie, she was a good car, I bought her Aug 19, 1999 & she had a hell of a ride. Please take a moment & remember at least one fond moment in Goldie!! May she rest in peace...
Goldie....Born;October 12, 1996;Bought by Jessica August 19, 1999....traded in at 124,000 miles on Saturday April 26,2008.
After we left the car lot Mark & I went to pick up Mexican, but did have a drink to toast Goldie.!! What a day!!
Now the Hornes have two brand new cars in the garage. Who would have EVER expected that one? Thanks Megan for making us such hip new parents. I now have automatic windows & locks. Sorry folks I will be hard to spot in my new car-Goldie was easy to see in town.
3 comments:
Sorry for your loss Jess, but I won't mourn Goldie with you, only celebrate you decision...it is always painful for me to trade in cars too!
I want to see pics of the new car!!!
Goodbye Goldie! We had some good times in that car. Make sure you take care of the new one.
Post a Comment