Monday, March 31, 2008

Goldie lives on.....




I think this weekend may send one of us over the edge. Most of you know that Mark got into an accident while I was in Colorado in the Infiniti, which was about 3 weeks ago. He was o.k. and no one was hurt. I have been cruising around town in a Buick Lacrosse, yes they still make them & Tiger, Tiger, Tiger Woods would not be seen in this Grandma mobile-Goldie is more stylish than this beast I have had. Well, we knew the Infiniti was damaged, but never thought she was TOTALED!! We got a call on Thursday to let us know it was too much to fix the Infiniti & we had the Buick until Tuesday, the Infiniti WAS totaled. Mark calls me on Thursday & says" I know what we are doing this weekend!!". We had no choice, but to begin the search. We all knew it was coming, but we thought we would be replacing Goldie-WRONG. Now, I love to shop, but I am not a car shopper  at all-obviosley, plus the rain all weekend was great car shopping weather. I loved proudly telling the car salesman that I drove a 1996 Pontiac Grand-AM, the faces they gave me were priceless as I browsed at cars. They didn't push me for the fancy cars, but rather long lasting cars-since they figured I would have my next car for a LONG time!!  After shopping, Fri, Sat & Sunday we ended up with a 2008 Nissan Maxima. It really is a nice car and Megan & I are enjoying our new ride. Mark & I went to the collision center on Sat when we were car shopping & snuck in the back to see the ole Infiniti, we took some pics on his phone that I hope to upload. It was sad, we really did love that impulse buy car that Mark got himself after he graduated from dental school. Now, Goldie lives on!!! At this point she may be Megan's first car!! She is going to be replaced soon, but just can't decide what we want or really what I want to be cruising around in-don't rule out the mini vans!!! 

Thanks to Aunt Becca & Gigi & Grandad for taking care of Megan this weekend. I don't think she could have hung with us as we shopped the town. She got to go to Target with Becca & then play with her cousins Luke & Taryn since they were in town. From the pictures Grandad took, I think she enjoyed herself. She is talking so much & getting quite the personality. 

2 comments:

Jeffrey Horne said...

I'm going to make you a deal you can't refuse...$300 off!

Nikki said...

That is so sad about the infiniti, I was for sure that Mark was still driving the "Coupe de ville", It is so glad to see you have a page, We can now keep up with Miss Megan. She is beautiful!! Sailor would love to meet her. We are a little low in the girlfriend department here in East TN. We are beginning to think they just are not producing little girls anymore since all we know is boys. Anyway give us a call when you guys head this way!