Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wyatt's new accessory....the CRIB TENT!!

So here's the story......
Wyatt the child who I have probably seen stand in his crib a handful of times. This includes when you go to get him up, he waits for you to pick him up. Occasional bedtime crier, but nothing to be too concerned about. I thought he would be like Megan and have to beg him to move to a big boy bed and planned on keeping him caged until he was 16.

Scenario: Sunday after church(Mark is in Chattanooga at a bike race). Take kids upstairs, read and rock Wyatt, put in bed. As soon as I stand up a "no" and scream. Calm him down, put in bed. He stands up. Try again, calm down and lay down, I decide to leave this round, shut door. Barely to MEgans room and I hear "thunk"...pause, go back to his room, open door and Wyatt is at door screaming. Picked him up, calmed him down, walked the room, asleep on shoulder, attempt bed same thing...turn back and almost to door and he is out again. Did not see how he did it, but obviously fast and quick and no problems. He was on 2 feet when I turned my head. So I picked him up, not going to lie so frustrated and calmed him down. Poor Megan is just waiting for a book to be read to take her nap. I was going to win this battle and was in NO MOOD to do the big boy transisiton 3 weeks before a new baby. So, I put him back in bed and read to Meg in his room and then sat in the hallway between both bedrooms, doors open for 2 hours to attempt a nap. Poor Megan just read in her bed. Wyatt stood and whined for about an hour, I mean he was EXHAUSTED but would not just lay down he had his blanket and just stood and tried to sleep. As long as he could see me, there was no jumping. I wanted to figure out the problem as well as show him, his bed was fine and he would be sleeping in it at some point. I had Megan stand by his bed, so I could run downstairs and grab the phone and computer. HE listened to her!!! That is when I began the search. Poor Mark was on his way home to what he thought was going to be a quite household. Nope, it was a panic phone call to begin a search for a crib tent. Babies R Us and Walmart..no go. Called Target-don't carry them!!! Gigi had come by to pick up their car and came in to grab keys and heard screaming, she thought it was Meg fighting a nap. NOPE, just a stubborn boy who didn't want his bed. Well, obviously no naps were happening on this Sunday afternoon. It was kind of cute when Megan came in the room and pretty much read him every book on his bookself and talked to him about not jumping out of bed. He just laughed and listened to her. Soo what to do. We literally had a crib tent on order from Amazon to overnight. The question was, will he do it at bedtime. Again no nap and exhausted. Attempt at bedtime was the same, but as soon as I went to put him in bed the screaming and standing started. I yelled for Mark and in the meantime, Gigi had found a crib tent from Mark's cousin. Mark put Wyatt in the car and went to get it. Thinking he would pass out, Mark said he just sat in his seat big eyes and stayed awake the whole time. When they got home, he walked in with Mark and the crib tent and said "tent, cool" Mark got that sucker up and to bed he went. He did scream for a second, but was out!!! A little cry just before we went to bed, but we ALL slept better knowing he was safe. It has been a week and I am happy to report crib tents are indeed cool. It took about a day for him not to cry, but now he doesn't even barely sit up in his bed. He loves it!!! Just an FYI..if you think you may ever need a crib tent, I would recommend getting it now. They are kind of pricey, but when you need it, you need it immediately and they don't sell them in stores....of course not, like all baby products they are recalled. Happy sleeping Wyatt!!! So not ready to do the transition yet and really don't think he was either. This was all new since Megan never even attempted to climb out. BOYS!!!!!

Wyatt waking up from a nap in his new tent!!!
Crib tent.... new....cool

No comments: