Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Meet our third child......MUD!

PICTURES TO COME....Hopefully a before and after

Two weeks before Labor Day, Mark killed our grass. Labor Day weekend he aerated and seeded, fast forward a month or so later. No grass and pretty much mud.

Now this isn't the first time he has done this, right after Megan was born he did this and in my mind we had Yard of the year. Now, the weather was not exactly fall weather in late September with it being so hot and humid, but Mark watered the HELL out of that lawn. Like every night dragging the sprinklers back and forth.

Back to Mud. This past weekend, Mark was going to conquer this lawn. He went to get a soil sample and talk to a guy about his lawn fiasco. He came home and had a plan. His own plan of course. He took recommendations, but came up with his own game plan to take care of MUD. He raked up the entire front yard by hand-- all the dead grass. That would be a day and a half of HARD labor. He told me it was a great core work out. If this puts it in perspective he didn't get on the bike once this weekend. Ummm like 24 bags of dead grass later he aerated and seeded again. Dear Lord we better have grass in a few weeks. He is even more anal with the watering round 2 and I have to turn it on during the day too. I hope with the cooler temps we are on the road to turning Mud into Yard of the Year again. I mean the whole neighborhood is cheering Mark on. Every night 2 hrs worth of watering he goes in and out. I mean Mud has become our third child as much time as he spends on it. He gets home from work & gets started on his nightly nurturing with Mud. I was waiting for Megan at ballet on Monday and one of my friends was complaining about her husband & how he hadn't been much help and was frustrated. She looked at me and said " is Mark a doer?" Ummm not only is he a doer, he is an ANAL doer & then I filled her in on his little weekend project.

I will keep you posted. Please keep Mark's lawn in your prayers.

No comments: