RIP Wubba Saturday April 18, 2009 - Megan 19 months old
I had 3 wubbas. My dad snipped off one of them & I didn't like that and pretty much threw a fit and tossed it right back at him. That is the last I have seen of my wubba!
Mark and I have been going back and forth on when we are going to get rid of wubba(pacifier). My goal was age 2 until we realized the wubba is intended for use until 6 months. Megan was very particular in her pacifiers and wouldn't take any other than the nuk ones which is on the wubba. We tried a couple of times to not give it to her, but soon gave up once the pitiful cry started and we were too tired to keep trying. We have had every excuse on why not to start. Poor Megan is 19 months old and her dad is concerned about her constricted arch. We have done very well in limiting the use of the wubba, we had it down to the bed only....until this weekend. Each transition was rather easy and not too bad. Friday night was the last time Megan got the wubba. Mark began wubba boot camp once I left town. I thought I got a great deal. They had a few bumps, but overall Mark said she did great and really didn't show too many signs of asking for it or missing it ALL weekend. Until.......
I went in with a new small Pooh Bear in hand to get her up Monday morning. I had not seen her in two days. That little stinker had the biggest smile on her face when I leaned over her crib & then she said " Wubba??" Pooh Bear did distract her from asking again that morning, but let's just say I have gotten the raw end of this deal. She cries for it whenever I put her down. I honestly think she associates me with the wubba. The WORST is in the middle of the night when she wakes up and whines and coughs. She is trying to get comfortable and is missing something. Ohh, the joys of waking up once or twice a night. I know it needs to happen and we are going on night 5 of no wubba, but sometimes I want to give up and just give it to her. She did great at school today, so maybe we are on the road to wubbaless Megan. This will pass and I know she will move on and be a good sleeper again. I have learned my lesson get rid or switch sooner. I think when we are ready to potty train her I am going to go out of town for a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment