What a great weekend. Birthdays are a fun way to get together with family and friends. It is a good excuse to celebrate eating and drinking and that is exactly what we all did. My mom came in town for Ash Wednesday service, which Ben preached and stayed through the weekend. It was great to have her here. Megan also had a big time with Mama C, she has changed a lot since Christmas. Then on Sunday my dad flew in from Columbus. He had been to his cousins funeral and was so close he flew down to see us all for a few days. I can not believe this ,but I didn't take ONE picture over the weekend. Below is my birthday gift!! Check her out, she is a beauty. Not really what I had asked for, but will do.....don't be jealous!!!!
We got our electric bill early last week and it was tripled from last month. I know prices have gone up, but this was outta control-we were also out of town for 2 weeks of the billing cycle. There had to be a problem after a call to the electric company and our heat and air company, we learned that our 19 year old heat pump was done! It was leaking refrigerant. You are looking at a picture of my birthday present. The boys brought it on Thursday and we have been enjoying our nice new unit this past cold weekend. We had really been buying time on the old one-usual life is 10-15 yrs, and our old one served us well, hope the new one does just as well. My friends make fun of me, that we aren't big gift givers in our family, we do more household stuff. I mean we got a roof for Christmas and gutters as stocking stuffers, a cat for an anniversary gift. It can be quite commical at times, so we just had to continue that tradition.
1 comment:
congrats on a gift that keeps on giving! At least you had a special "occasion" to get it! Happy Belated Birthday too - I did send you a FB message!
Post a Comment