Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Megan watching her first Presidential Inauguration

Today was a self imposed house arrest day. It was 28 degrees and I did not want ANYTHING to get in the way of her going to school tomorrow.  Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed our few days at home. A change from our usual go-go schedule. I am kind of getting used to our laid back winter days. The funniest part is Megan was ready to get out. This morning she grabbed her coat and hat and went to the back door and yelled "bye, bye, pweese bye, bye". She did this a few times, so I decided that I would go outside with her for a little bit. It was FREEZING, but she did not care. She laid on the driveway looked up at the sky and then patted the driveway that had a few snowflakes on it. She was SO excited to be outside. I had to chase her indoors to get her warm, b/c I think she would have stayed out there all day. That did not satisfy her, so after changing her diaper she asked again to go bye, bye. I decided that an outing to the coffee shop would be nice, and it was. We then came home and watched our history lesson of the day, the Inauguration coverage of the 44th President, mixed in with a few episodes of row, row and the wheels on the bus. I guess she has been home bound long enough, which is just fine. Tomorrow kiddo we will FINALLY go bye, bye for more than 20 minutes, we are more than germ free for now!!!

1 comment:

All Things Family said...

cute story! Sounds like she's really a talker! We've got a few words, but no sentences! he did start walking last week though!