Carrying around her school picture. Check out me!
Looking at herself. Apparently, she thinks she looks darn good!!
Then on Wednesday we all got a real treat. Mark took Megan to school. He had never done the morning routine, so away the two of them went. I got a full report that he did a great job dropping her off and following all the rules. Then I had parent teacher conference later that day. They have a little notebook and pictures of all of her activities, with notes written under each day and week. More details than her daily reports they send home. I am quite impressed and in just 3 1/2 months she has changed and doing so much. I wish I could just scan the whole notebook in the computer, but they keep it until they enter pre-school, so I will have a great scrapbook keepsake in a few years!! Here is what I learned about Megan at school:
She loves to read
She is quite an explorer outside on the playground and even more now that she is walking
She loves the buggy rides. The stroller is a six seater and so cute with all the kiddos packed in there.
She is usually one of the last ones to leave the table after lunch
She is a good napper
She LOVES music. She dances and claps her hands when Mr. Bill comes and plays his guitar.
She loves to paint on the easel
She talks a lot. It may not make sense, but babbles throughout the day. They say it is like she has a comment for everything....oh no!
She is a happy girl everyday
Then of course, Ms. Ashley asked what her deal with balls were? I told her I had no idea, but anything smaller than a tennis ball were o.k., but bigger than that, she freaks out. She thought she may have done something. So, Ms. Ashley says she is going to continue to work with her and she says by May they will conquer the fear. YEAH and good-luck!!
So funny to me that I had the meeting, but they offer then twice a year. I didn't know what to expect, but good to know she is having fun and well taken care of. It makes me feel even better the few hours a week she is away from me that I shouldn't worry, she is truly enjoying her days at school.
No comments:
Post a Comment