Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our first school picture day starts out with a bang....

What a day! Got up this morning and remembered Megan had school pictures today. Ms. planner has had a lot on my plate and didn't think about her outfit until I got her up. I got Megan dressed and fed. I also had to be ready as well, since I had a work party at the league right after I dropped her off. Rain outside and running late I get out of the bathroom and see white stuff all over the floor, my first reaction was, "what has she gotten into? She found some pills and they are all over the floor and she has swallowed something." I don't know why I thought that since all of our medicines are up high. I guess it might be she is into opening EVERYTHING and gets into every closet, trash can and loves the toilet. After investigating the white puddles I realized, she didn't swallow anything she threw up her breakfast. It was all over the floor and her outfit-there was no rescuing any part of the first choice of school picture outfit. I then had to think and make a decision. Was she sick and had the stomach bug or is it her molar teething or did her breakfast not agree with her and she is fine? Well,I got her redressed in outfit #2 checked her temperature, gave her some milk and decided to packed her up in the car. I double checked her face and wiped it one last time before we got out of the car and put some more lotion on-to take away from any left over odor!!! We made it, only 5 min late and I couldn't get up the nerve to tell the teachers about our exciting morning. Instead I said she had a blow-out.......I thought at least they would have a warning from one end!!! I left feeling a little guilty and then we had rain all day which was miserable. I just knew I was going to get a call that she had barfed all over. When I got her at 2, I tip toed into the classroom.  The first thing Ms. Alice said was "Well (pause) she didn't nap long today, since one of her pals didn't want to sleep so she woke up earlier than usual, so I think she might be tired later." I thought to myself as she was telling me this, short sleeper, I was expecting an embarassing or lecture on sending sick kids to school. Whhhhhh, I made a good decision and we still have perfect attendance and we got our picture taken in a clean outfit!! 

1 comment:

Amy Griffin said...

gotta love mornings like that!!