Saturday, October 11, 2008
Oktoberfest goes bad......
Today Megan and I got up to run in Oktoberfest kick-off 5K in Germantown. My friend Laura and Aunt Becca joined us at the race as well. It was a hot muggy morning for mid October, but who doesn't run for beer? Nothing like finishing a race and getting a beer at the finish line. Yes, we all had a recovery drink of beer at 8:30a.m. this morning.We all had a good race and my friend Laura and I took turns pushing the BOB and shared the hills! After the race we all hung out for a little bit.(We have a picture-but more on that later.) Then Becca and I headed over to church for the Youth Mission Trip pancake breakfast. Uncle Ben had a great turn-out and some good food! Then Megan and I headed back down to Oktoberfest to stroll and hang out with some friends over a Brat and a beer. We were down there for about two hours. When we got back to the car and were about to head home with my friend Michelle to watch the Commodores with Mark at the house. He had been on a long bike ride and we were all going to watch a little football together. WRONG!!! When Michelle and I got to my car in the Tennessee State employee parking lot downtown, Megan's window in the Acadia was shattered. Some mean and unconsiderate person broke the window and got my purse and basket with extra cloths and my camera. Then we had to wait for about an hour to get a police report in the heat. Megan was a trooper and we strolled the lot in the BOB so she could catch a little snooze, while Michelle searched a couple of lots hoping to find some of my belongings. I really don't know how anyone does that and even worse bashes the car right on the carseat side-glass all over it. They did leave her stroller and diaper bag. I was lucky I had taken my bank card, credit card, license and cell phone with me. It makes me absolutly sick and a little freaked out, but life will go on. The Acadia will go back to the shop and I will continue to cancel credit cards and hope for the best.Isn't it great Monday is Columbus day, so everything is closed where I need to get things done? So I will not have pictures for a while. The only pictures I had not downloaded to my computer were the ones from today and at this point I don't want to remember too much from all of this. Then the Commodores loose as well. I think I will settle in and call it a day before anything else happens. At least we are all home and safe and it could be much worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh that stinks! Yeah, it is pretty low down to shatter glass on the side of a carseat.
I agree! That's awful! I'm glad that nobody was hurt.
Post a Comment