Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Welcome Baby Gabe Matthew Griffin!

Ella and Megan waiting outside the nursery.

Jude was holding Gabe, so Ella decided she would help me give Megan her snack. She was such a big helper, pinching off little bites for Megan. 
Gabe and Megan. 
By the way Gabe does not have curly black hair. This picture was taken before his bath. It is lighter and straight. 
Jude, Gabe, Megan and Ella. What a crew!

It's a boy! 
(Yes, I was wrong again.......third time. I really thought I had it right this time.)

Megan and I  headed down to Baptist Hospital this morning to meet the latest member of the Griffin family. We got there just as Amy was about to get into her post-op room. Everyone is doing well. He is a precious baby and we can't wait to see more of him. Ella and Jude are so proud. Of course there was a favorite Ella comment while we were there. Ella asks Amy, "What are we going to call my baby brother?" Amy says, " Gabe Matthew." and Ella replies, "great I like that name.(pause). Can I call him Matthew? Amy was like, we are all going to call him Gabe. Gotta love Ella, always thinking. 
Congrats to the entire Griffin family-now a family of five! We are so excited for you all. 


2 comments:

Owings Family said...

I am so super jealous! The kids all look so cute together! I cannot believe how our crew has multiplied in the past several years! I'm tired just thinking about the next get together!

Amy Griffin said...

It is really funny that you put that on your blog about Ella and his name. That story JUST hit me today and I could not remember the first thing said but remembered she asked to call him Matthew. I put it on his blog but it is funnier reading it on yours! Thanks for coming to visit us - twice!