Monday, September 8, 2008

The Road to Harvard has begun........

Acceptance letter(Feb 8, 2008). I got in! 
Look at how much she has changed. That little chubby face and no hair.
Our first homework assignment. My family poster.
First day of Westminster School for young children.
 I require a lot to get out of the house for a short while!

 Lunch box, bottle, sippy cup, change of cloths, diapers, wipes-all labled! We even had our first homework assignment done. We have been busy!  We survived our first day of school. Really, to me I treated it as an extra long Y nursery visit, since it was only 9-12p.m.. She seemed to act the same when I left her. She was in heaven 4 kids and 2 teachers all in the same room and giving her attention. I didn't have too much time, but it is amazing how much you stay on track and everyone asks-where is Megan? When I went to pick her up she was READY! Now there was one teacher per child-they had 2 nursery ladies who came over to help for the last little bit. Apparently Megan wasn't the only one ready for a nap. None of them took morning naps, but everyone was ready at noon. They said she was very settled and really had the least amount of adjustment. She just got tired the last little bit-they also didn't realize ole Wubba was in her bag-oh well she was just fine.  She didn't drink or eat much, but Ms. Alice did say she liked her mandarin oranges(see loves her fruit!). It was a great first day. She was aleep before we even got out of the parking lot. We are looking forward to our first long day next Monday when we get to go 9-2p.m. I think the crew may be taking their naps a little early. Mark said she was wiped out tonight and crashed when she went to bed. Looks like this may wear her out. 

2 comments:

Owings Family said...

Tell me you're not going to be one of "those moms" who think their wombs are incubators for geniuses! (And yes I've actually heard that term used!!!) :) What an awesome opportunity for Megan! Just please don't buy her flashcards yet!

Amy Griffin said...

What a good day - I hope you did better than me and didn't cry! Actually I never cried for Mother's Day Out because I was too busy trying to get things done! Congrats to all accomplishments (getting there with all supplies labeled, homework, picking her up on time - which I am sure you did)!!!