Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mam, your child is scared of balls!

Crawling away from the ball. She is crawling to be rescued.
Mark trying to get her to at least go near it
Freaking out as the ball is WAY to close to her

That is the comment Mark and I received today when we picked Megan up from the church nursery. The child is freaked out when she sees a ball. It is so weird. This fear came when we were in Colorado and my dad put a medicine ball on the floor and Megan took off crying. She would not go near it all week. My dad told me not to worry about baby gates just put balls where you don't want her.  Then we were playing with a friend of mine last week and her daughter was sitting on a bouncing ball and Megan darted away crying. Today, it was a medium round ball that she wouldn't go near. She won't even hold it, moving it she goes nuts! This is something we are going to work on. We started tonight before she went to bed. We began with a pool ball-conquered. She is fine with it, she rolled it and even tryed to put it in her mouth. The medicine ball is another story. I took some pictures. They aren't great since she is moving, but you can see her expressions.  You can't even put it down on the ground, she moves away quickly and crawls to one of us. This is all new to me, but we will work on it, until then if she freaks out and starts crying check around for a ball and that is probably the issue! 

2 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

That is so strange! Hopefully you guys can help Megan with that. I had a friend whose child was scared during a certain part of the Baby Einstein video and she would have to hold his hand over and over while he watched it until it was over. Weird...I don't blamer her though, that is why I am not big into sports! Well, that and I am uncoordinated.

Owings Family said...

You just told me this story but I'm cracking up reading it again!!! I am so excited about seeing yall this weekend! It's been too long!