Where do the weekends go? We had another great weekend. Friday night I went to a cocktail bridal shower for a good friend of mine Mary Beth who is getting married in August. What do you get when you mix chatty girls, cocktails and Gigi's cupcakes? A fantastic evening! It was so good to see everyone and toast the bride-to-be. Thank goodness Megan got the memo we were sleeping in Saturday! Mark did the Century Ride(100 miles) early Saturday morning. He came home and said "why didn't I learn my lesson last year when I said this is the hardest thing I have ever done? Yes, I feel worse than I do after a marathon." Mr. Competitive couldn't stop at 62 he had to do the full thing. Live Strong, Lance! Needless to say he was wiped out after that. He did gain some strength to meet the Kitchin family out for Mexican. Megan did get to spend some time with Gigi & Grandad Saturday afternoon, since they are going to the beach and haven't seen her in a while.
Today the girls went to church and Mark finished up the driveway. He fixed the cracks and sealed our entire driveway. It looks great! Megan and I couldn't hang outside our house today with the fumes, so we headed up to the estate(this is the house that Aunt Lydia is the nanny for the two girls) for an afternoon swim. It has a ledge that is just perfect for Megan to walk in her float. It is a big pool compared to the blow up $12.99 Sun Shade pool we typically take a dip in. Thanks to Uncle Rick & Aunt Susan who blew the pool up while they were in town for the wedding. Megan has enjoyed endless hours splashing around in these hot summer days. She is now in dreamland....drooling away. I think we are cutting some new teeth.
1 comment:
ok, first off, I failed to mention the bow in her hair from 9 months old - which I just loved. Jonathan came in last night as I was checking her out again and had me blow up all her pics so he could get a better look. We can't wait to see her (and you guys) on Thurs.
Post a Comment