Front of the dress. That dress has been in a box for A LOT of years!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
The Before of Megan's Baptism Gown.
Last Thursday Megan & I went over to my friend Erin's house to meet with her & her mom Diane about Megan's baptism gown. Erin & Diane are owners of Royal Southern Baby and one of their specialties is Christening gowns. I had never really thought of a dress for Megan, since we normally just do a pretty dress for the baptism, but the thought of having something in the family and something all the grandkids could share was what I wanted. Anyways, we are taking my mom's wedding dress & Diane is going to make a baptism gown out of the dress. I think it is such a neat thing. She has designed a dress that the girls on my side of the family can all use. She is going to personalize the collar & bonnet for Megan & then each granchild can have thier own touch added as they wear the dress. Diane is so creative with children's cloths and gowns that I know it will be just beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished product. I just couldn't have her do it to my dress-holding out hope Megan will want to wear it...YEAH right!!! Here is a before picture of the dress. She is getting baptized in August so I will have the after pictures then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that's a great idea! I can't wait to see it. You know I am still wondering HOW you didn't know about the stamp increase....
I love the idea of adding something for each child to the gown ! That is brilliant ! Best wishes Dana
Post a Comment