Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend 2011

We had a great 4 day weekend. It didn't start out great, but we got a lot done. Friday, I had the morning to myself to run to appointments, well after my dr's appt I ran to get Mark's car washed and 100 + degree weather and the car battery dies. Not really on the agenda. Now, if your car is going to die, I recommend it at the Shurbrite downtown, you know which one, with the homeless, drug dealing ghetto boys. Let's say the pregnant lady got royal treatment. They took off the bike rack, jumped my car and tightened the wires and best of all sent that car through the car wash and got it nice and clean. Well, I did end up heading over to a place by the office that we use to get a second opinion on the battery and indeed MARK was due for a new one. They fixed it right there and quickly. Again, pregnant lady, hot day oh and holiday weekend and I got royal treatment!! I think I might be pregnant forever. The screaming child or crazy mom gets nothing. After that the weekend got better. We enjoyed some pool time and then Sunday the weather changed dramatically. We have had rain since Sunday, so weird but now it is about mid 60's. That lead to indoor clean out. Yes, it might be a little nesting but also it is time to clean out those closets and get ready for a busy fall. I had "to do" list and had planned on getting a bunch done over Labor Day weekend and I think we all worked hard...maybe too hard to get some projects done!! Even Megan loves a little organization around here and totally gets into it-I LOVE it. I mean what 4 year old thanks you for cleaning out her closet and organizing it? She also gets onto Mark for not keeping his closet neat-so cute!! We have a busy short week, but had a nice long weekend. Can't believe summer is officially over.
Our future in 12 years!!! Wyatt will jump in the car if any door is left open and well he knew who his driver would be. He went straight for the passenger side. Oh lord!!
Megan is really into cooking these days. She and Mark made homemade pizza and she made her cheese pizza in the shape of a skirt. Thank goodness she likes to cook and hope she is as good as her dad. Oh and yes there was a HUGE mess, but oh well they had fun!!
So happy in the kitchen.
Oh and of course they had to make dessert. I believe this was the cupcake night.
Good-bye Summer and Hello FALL!!!!

No comments: