Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th weekend project- KITCHEN UPDATE....

July 4th, was a four day weekend of work for us. I had a few estimates on some painting and kitchen cabinet painting done in June. Well, leave it to Mark to say, I can do that cheaper and take on the task himself. Not only did he paint he took all the cabinets off and sanded them down. It was quite a task and a few minor lessons learned, but now that it is done, he did a fantastic job. He is so darn annal that it is done probably much better than the estimate boys!! The only thing was, I had no garage for a few weeks and was on kid duty full time a few weekends and then we lived w/out cabinet doors for awhile, which is not bad. I highly recommend it, you can see what you need and it makes you keep organized since you don' have doors to hide your clutter!!

All the cabinets...lesson learned. It may seem easy and quick to spray the cabinets, but it does get everywhere, so there is a light white tink on anything in the garage. Hey, if it's in the garage it is meant to get used and abused!!
The drawers
All cabinets and drawers removed..I thought we had a small kitchen. We have 30 cabinets and 11 drawers to be exact!!
Let the painting begin..walls, celiling, cabinets and the wood around the cabinets. It was a job alright.
Then there was this guy, who thought it was a new playground.
What a mess!! We survived and now I need to post the finish product...just waiting on a new pot rack hangar and we will be complete.

No comments: