Yes, she did it! I guess when your 2 1/2 year old basically potty trains herself, you have no choice but to be ready. I really put it off with a new baby and waiting for warmer weather. I figured we would have potty boot camp to get ready for preschool. I guess not!! Peer pressure is wonderful! She has been going at school for a few months now, but in now way was it carrying over to trying it at home. We have had a few play dates and just put the portable potty out for the kids to use & she will use it, but then flood her diaper! A few kids over the last few weeks have been potty trained, but they are the older ones in the class so I thought she is getting close, but didn't thing now!! I knew if she would poop in the potty I would go for it. Well, last Monday, I followed her around like a hawk as soon as she woke up(TMI..but I knew she didn't go the day before so at any moment she would go hide and squat, so when the motion started coming, I talked her into going in the potty, to get a gummy. Well she did it! In fact she went 4 more times that day for a freaking gummy and a present out of the gift closet!! After that she hasn't pooped in her diaper. I didn't read a book or stay on house arrest and we don't even have a little seat for her at the house anymore(I was tired of moving that Dora seat upstairs and downstairs and cleaning up pee over the little lid.) She wants to do it all herself and you must leave the room while she goes and then go in for show and tell. I still put a pull up on her, which is cool to her since it has princesses on it and then she puts underwear over it. If I could just convince her after each time she uses the bathroom she doesn't need a new pull=up & underwear, too expensive!! She hasn't had any accidents during nap or overnight as well. I think I ask her far more than she needs, but she goes when she is ready. What I have learned as a mom, is that they will do it on their time and when they are ready. So proud!! Now we are ready for pre-school. We have our prerequisites done before the end of summer deadline.
Here are some pictures that will embarrass her later on in life, but for now we all love to laugh at a little potty humor!! We love public restrooms, but I LOVE a portable toilet.
Relaxing checking out the beautiful spring afternoon on the driveway taking care of business, a refreshing cocktail in reaching distance as well.
Ahh, posing on the potty, shades and a hat.
Priceless!!
Very content in the fireman's hat on the potty
Checking out the potty business in the garage. So lady like!
No comments:
Post a Comment