Thursday, December 31, 2009

Colorado Christmas 2009.....Road Trip

2700 miles!! Now that is a road trip! This year we decided to drive out to Colorado for Christmas. The original plan was for Megan to fly with Mama C, Becca and Alley & Wyatt, Mark and I would drive out and then Megan would drive back with us. Plans changed the Monday before Christmas when a big snow storm was in the forecast for Tuesday evening. So we packed up a day early and took an extra passenger with us, Megan!! I can't believe I didn't take one picture. I will give you an image. Mark-the driver, back seat captain seats Wyatt and I and Megan in the 3rd seat. It was the best set-up. I could get to all parties for food, drinks, toys, movie changes and GPS assistance. Then Megan had her DVD placed just right. It was a great trip and the kids did great. Megan LOVED the word and idea of a road trip until we got home. After each leg she went 3 days without asking to watch TV. She watched Mickey Mouse Club house on the way out and then Dora was the favorite on the way back. Want a new movie-nope, I don't care if I ever hear either soundtracks in a long time!! We made the trip in 2 days. The second day on the way out we went 600 miles and stopped once...thank goodness we have good bladders and both kids are still in diapers. Stopping is not quick, plus when you stop you need to make good use of your time. Lots of new things when traveling with young kids. It was nice trip and even better that both kiddos stayed healthy on the way out and back(you know every year Meg gets sick & it is a miserable flight home)!! It was a great Christmas and one to remember with lots of memories. It was so pretty to see all the snow, we had it all the way home at least to St. Louis. Megan really misses playing in all the white snow. She doesn't get putting on her big jacket now & going outside and there is no snow. Next year hopefully we can make it up to the slopes and maybe even Megan will get on the lifts, we shall see!!!

Here are some random pictures from the week...

Mark and Megan sledding
Mark carrying Megan up the sledding hill
A Colorado forty... I don't recommend it. Budlight and tomato juice
Christmas! New goggles for the slopes
You too!!
Wyatt chilling out while the big kids were having their Christmas. I just imagine him thinking...what in the world have I been born into. Just wait buddy.

No comments: