Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009

Halloween 2009!! Well, it started out with Megan telling everyone for the last month she was going to be a doggie for Halloween. Then on the Thursday before Halloween was her big chance to debut her costume at school. " No doggie" is all I got, so the costume stayed on the hangar, no dressing up for this kiddo. I did feel a little better when we got to school and 1 out of the 10 kids was in costume. Apparently she wasn't the only big talker. Then after school she told us she was going to be a kitty for Halloween. I think that is b/c her teacher was a kitty and she wanted to get me flustered to get a new costume!! So Halloween morning we headed to downtown Franklin for the Pumpkin Fest or as Megan called it a "Pumpkin Party". Again " no doggie" was the response we got when we asked her to put on the costume. We didn't argue and packed the kiddos up and had a great time at the festival. Megan got to eat a corn dog, paint a pumpkin and eat some laffy taffy-what a great start to Halloween. Then after nap it was time to get ready for the big trick or treat action. I was sooo excited. This would be her first year to walk and participate, but if I was a betting woman I figured she would wander the neighborhood in her jeans. WRONG!!! When I picked her up and took her in to change her diaper, I asked her to put her doggie outfit on. She agreed!! I can't believe it. I didn't even change her cloths or anything I couldn't believe she was putting on the doggie outfit, hat included. All of her Aunts and Uncles mouths dropped when she came out of the bedroom decked out to trick or treat. Just a little side note Gigi and Grandad had arrived just about the time I had her on the changing table and had a new big Donald Duck and little Mickey Mouse(we had lost our other ones) and I told her as soon as she got dressed she could have them-heck one bribe that worked!!
Trick or Treating was so much fun. Megan was a pro. You would have thought she had been doing it for years. She was all about the lights and decorations, she would knock in the air about 2 ft from the front doors and say "trick or treat" and as soon as they would open the door. Megan would grab a piece of candy and then look at us and say "open". She was not afraid of a large crowd at the same door as well. She would stand her ground and get her candy. My no candy eating child(her personal choice) now is a fan of skittles, smarties, lollipops-dumb dumbs are her favorite!! What a fun night. Halloween 2009 was a huge success and so much fun. Megan was a hoot and had so much fun and so did we!! As for Wyatt he enjoyed being held & staying warm at the house. He assisted the candy hander outter, which was nice so all the neighbors could meet the newest member on the court. Being a week and a half old his costume was a onezie and a ghost hat. Next year Wyatt will enjoy all the festivities!!
Halloween morning. She put this on for Mark. The face describes how excited she is about the whole Halloween holiday. To be honest I thought this was as far as we would get with the whole costume.

Eating a corn dog at the pumpkin party. Uncle Aldon was nice enough to share his last bite with Megan.

Painting a pumpkin. Sister loves to paint!!
Hanging out with Dad on the curb at the pumpkin party eating laffy taffy. Love the fact she chose that candy in front of her dentist dad!!
Group shot. Poor Wyatt it was a little chilly for his first Halloween. Alley was cheesing it up and so happy in her "little doggie" outfit and then there was Megan who was more into Donald and Mickey and had little time for pictures!!
Baby Wyatt sleeping on his first Halloween.

Cutest dog on the block. Headed out the door with a lollipop for the road!!

Trick or Treat!!
Running house to house. So much fun!!!

No comments: