Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Child at HEART auction

Megan's school had it's first annual art auction this week. All the money raised will go to fund new playgrounds throughout the school/church. It is a big project, but it is going to be incredible once it is all daone.  Each classroom was responsible for a project. Each piece was so unique. There was a rocking chair, a quilt, a birdhouse a wooden swing and a photo album, just to name a few. Megan's class was the "Lamb dinsky Rocking Chair." You know me and silent auctions....I love them and love to win a great deal even more.  Of course, we are new owners of a cute little wooden rocking chair for Megan.  The chair has thumb prints of all the little Lamb kiddos-so creative & cute I might add.  Megan had the biggest eyes when I unloaded it out of the car this afternoon. She just stared at it and said "chair".  I think she recognized it!!!!!!. When I put it down, she of course found bunny and began rocking her and singing. I am glad she was as excited about our deal as I was!! So, if you are wondering why I have no pictures of Megan rocking, well she had such a big day at school and played so hard outside that at 5:30 the only thing she wanted to do was go night night.  She was done playing, eating and rocking, she wanted her bed!! I was not going to fight this one. When she is tired she tells you night night, the best thing to do is start heading that way.  So, to the bath we went. She was in bed and out cold before Mark even walked in the door. She is dreaming of her great new rocking chair her mom won for her and how much fun she is going to have sitting and rocking!!


Bunny got dibs on the first rock.
Hold on bunny, my bracelet needs adjusting
Close up of Megan's thumb print, which is on the front knob.
Of course we found our bestest pal Ce Ce's name on the chair right away.  For those of you who don't know, she ALWAYS says Ce Ce. That is her pal at school. She even refers to her play girl people at home as Ce Ce. 
 The "Lamb dinsky" Rocking Chair
  

1 comment:

Amy Griffin said...

that chair is adorable!! It makes me want to paint something...I am sure Megan will enjoy it.