Monday, June 16, 2008

9 months old Today!!


















Here are some pictures of Megan today playing outside. She can't quite grasp that the sunglasses go on the head not in the mouth. I know kind of redneck with the diaper crotch shot, but she had an explosion after her nap that went through the cute little bloomers. Thanks Jen for a cute dress-so you. 


Today Megan is 9 months. I can not believe it. It is so weird that she has been in this world as long as I was pregnant with her.  She has changed so much. W
e go to the doctor next week, so I will have all her stats then. She is crawling everywhere, pulling up, clapping and babbling all the time. She is on the lowest setting in her crib, since to her it is a jungle gym. She still eats very well and has added more and more human food to her meals. Megan is our little sleeper these days. Mark goes in right before he leaves for work & changes her diaper & plays with her in her room & then puts her back in bed. Most of the time she will go back to bed or at least play upstairs until anywhere from 7:45-8:30. She LOVES her bed. Sometimes we think she is asleep b/c we don't hear anything, but she is just laying or sitting in her bed, so content. Then she is taking 2 naps a day usually between 2-3hrs and then wants to be in bed by 6:30ish. It is really nice, but hard as well to get anything done outside the house. I guess she is catching up on sleep since she was not much of a napper during the day as a newborn. I know this will change again, but she has had this routine for the last few months, so I will enjoy it for now. Each stage she gets more and more of a personality. I can't believe how much she has changed, how time really does fly. 

Today we met my friend Liz and her two kids Lucas and Jill and her mom for lunch. It was so good see them. Liz lives in St. Louis and we went to high school together. Lucas is 6 months older than Megan so it was so cute to see them together. We miss them & wish they lived closer, but it was great to catch up. We can 't wait to see you all again real soon.


P.S. Cousin Camp is over. The honeymooners, Becca and Aldon are home from Jamaica. They came over tonight for dinner and to pick up their cats. Ruby has had Moe and Patty for a week. They all get along really well-Patty has some discipline problems, but we worked on them. Here is Ruby making them jealous as the two are getting ready to leave.
(Amanda, Bailey's cage lives on. Becca can get them both in there!) 

2 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

Enjoy her sleep schedule! She may keep it for a while, who knows. Jude was a 2 nap a day kid until he turned 2!!! She is so cute - I can't wait to see her in person again.

Owings Family said...

I can't believe that Becca can fit 2 cats in that carrier!! Bailey barely squeezed in it by herself.